The Week in Bloggingportal: List version from Lisbon
All those who usually write the Week in Bloggingportal are kind of busy so this is just a glance at the week in the form of a list. I’m writing this from a hotel lobby in Lisbon where I participate in reporting trip following the 5th round of the Th!nk About Blogging competition on the topic of water.
It’s the first time the WiB is written from Lisbon, a city that has given its name to a failed economic policy (‘Lisbon Strategy’) and a not-yet-understood EU Treaty (guess which one). Not sure whether this is good or bad
We’ll try to be more literary next week again, but maybe it wasn’t even a very literary week so the list would in any way have been the most appropriate means to show our embarrassment (see the last post of the list for the wrap-up).
- Letter from Commission to EP/Council re. EASO premises lease
- Trichet: welcome to my great big fat Euro fiasco
- Original Sin – The seeds of the euro crisis are as old as the euro itself
- The interpreter who started a war (…well, almost)
- Euro roundup: Internet giants against France, France banning full-face veil and more…
- Kann ein Gesetz auf eine EU-Richtlinie verweisen?
- Mums and work: tell Rebecca it gets easier but only a bit
- Kleiner Ausblick: ACTA und die EU
- Being Useful beats Being Tuneful
- De Lampedusa à Vintimille : la solidarité européenne à l’épreuve
- Migrant Boat From Libya Sinks Off Pantelleria – 2 Dead, 100+ Rescued
- ‘Blood, toil, tears and sweat’
- Explanation of the ECJ opinion on internet blocking
- The Advanced User Polity or: Why the EU is like a primeval forest
- Att hacka politik
- A rotten way to fight a referendum
- Le « choc fiscal » assomme Nicolas Sarkozy
- Saturday Quickie: What’s new at Eyjafjalljökull?
- Der Euro-Rettungsfonds wird zur Notstandsregierung
- Where are the European and Nordic showcases?
- Orbán’s (Counter-)Revolution of the Voting Booth and How it was Made Possible
- Vorratsdatenspeicherung: EU-Kommission muss Richtlinie aufheben!
- EDRi veröffentlicht Bericht zur Vorratsdatenspeicherung
- The European Union in deep trouble
Pretty depressing week. Or a good one. If you are a eurosceptic.
Ron, from Lisbon